Friday 10 January 2014

Unwanted Baggage

Based on the teachings of Guruji Krishnananda
Guruji Krishnananda
Guruji Krishnananda
A meditator once told me—“Life is beautiful now. There is so much of peace. I had a lot of anger and bitterness in me towards a person from many years. I realised that it is senseless to carry this rubbish that spoilt many precious moments of my life. I threw it out. These days, the conflicts arising out of differing attitudes and egos of people around me do not bother me. I have realised that it is I who has to change and rise above. Meditations have transformed my life.”
When someone speaks like this, I feel elated. It is not merely the expression that touched me! It was the sincerity.
How true it is! The realisation that it is senseless to carry the baggage indicates genuine transformation.
Why do people carry such baggage forever, in spite of regular Meditations? Is it because of the ego, or because of the reluctance to forgive, or because of their inability to forgive a hurt or a slight?
The ego has endless problems. It remains dormant as long as we go on pleasing it. It blurs our vision and complicates our life. It cannot see reason, beauty and peace.
Spiritual Progress begins only with Self-Transformation, which is possible only by conscious effort and not by mere Meditations.
Meditation and the effort to transform must go on in parallel.
To forgive and forget requires higher Love and a higher perspective.

The baggage stays with us until we grow, recognise it and throw it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment